- 6 chicken legs (or thighs)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- (Optional) 1-2 tablespoons Vegeta or 1 crushed chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1.5 cups rice (white, round grain)
- Heat oven to 480°F.
- Wash chicken. Make a marinade by mixing 3 tbsp oil, salt (or Vegeta or bouillon), and pepper. Cover chicken in marinade thoroughly and leave for a few minutes to absorb. Cover baking pan with the remaining oil, add chicken and place pan in the oven. Bake 15 minutes.
- Take the pan out, flip the chicken around and return pan to the oven. Lower heat to 360°F and bake another 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside. Carefully scrub the chicken parts remaining in the pan after the baking. Add rice and 4.5 cups of water. Spread all in the pan evenly. Bring heat up to 480°F again, and bake rice in the oven for 25 minutes.
- At, or near the end (when there is a quarter of an inch of water left in the pan above rice) turn off the heat and add chicken into the pan. Leave in the oven for a few minutes to absorb, then serve.
A good ratio of rice to water is 1:3 (one cup of rice to three cups of water). For this recipe we used 1.5 cups of rice to 4.5 cups of water.
If your oven doesn’t go to 490°F or you feel uncomfortable baking at high temperatures, lower it to 450°F or 425°F, bake longer, and check more frequently for done-ness.