- 16 ounces Romano beans (ends cut off, pods cut into 2–3 inch pieces)
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled, minced)
- 11 ounces sour cream
- 11 ounces heavy cream
- In a large pot bring Romano beans and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil on high in 4-6 cups of water. Lower to medium and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Strain. Heat oven to 485°F.
- Put butter in a glass bakeware or a pan (approximately 9 inch in diameter), and evenly cover with Romano beans. Top with 2 tablespoons of salt and garlic. Mix until integrated.
- Add sour cream and heavy cream to beans. Mix until integrated.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cover with foil if necessary.
- Serve warm.
Baking time will greatly depend on the type of Romano beans you get. The greener kind take a little bit longer, while the yellow kind may take 15-20 minutes. Use your own judgement. Cover with foil when/ if necessary.