- 3–4 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 yellow onions
- 8–10 ounces ground beef
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup rice
- 8–9 smaller bell peppers
- 3.5 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Peel tomatoes, and mince together with one garlic clove and one onion. Place in a baking pan (or glass bakeware), pour 3.5 in ounces of oil, stir. Place in the oven, and turn up to 440F.
- Mince the remaining garlic and onion and heat up in a pot with a little bit of oil. Add ground meat, and simmer until meat is halfway done. Add seasonings, stir and remove from heat.
- Add rice in a smaller pot, and one cup of water. Cook on medium heat until rice is halfway done.
- Combine rice and meat and stir well.
- Cut tops of peppers, and deseed and wash them. Stuff them with the filling and place in the baking pan. Separately, mix 2 cups of water, tomato sauce, salt and sugar. Pour over the peppers, add parsley, and place back in the oven.
- Bake about 1 hour, frequently turning the baking pan, and the peppers inside around.
Music for the video was kindly provided by Croatian band Dječaci (www.djecaci.net).