- 2–3 tsp oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2–3 garlic cloves whole (peeled and pressed)
- 2 pounds beef stew chunks (diced)
- 3 carrots (large, diced)
- 1/2 pound green beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 yellow potatoes (large, diced)
- 3 tomatoes (large, skinned and diced, or 8oz can)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Put the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the onion, garlic, and beef stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. You can add a little water here and there to keep it simmering.
- Lower the temperature to medium, add carrots and continue simmering. Every few minutes add another ingredient: green beans, then potatoes, then tomatoes and sugar, all while adding a little bit of water in between.
- By this time the meat has been simmering for about 30 minutes, and vegetables a little less. Add 3-4 cups of water (so it covers the ingredients, plus a little more). Add salt and pepper. Mix. Cover with lid, leaving a little bit uncovered. Lower the temperature to low, and leave to cook for 90 minutes.