- 6-7 large veal cutlets (cleaned, halved)
- 5-6 ounces white flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable stock powder (Vegeta or one crushed beef bouillon)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- 7 ounces dry red wine
- 7 ounces beef broth
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs and mix with vegetable stock powder. Pour flour into another medium sized mixing bowl.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a large, deep skillet on highest. Heat oven to 480°F (250°C).
- Dip each cutlet half first into flour, then eggs. Carefully place into the skillet. Fry and flip after 2 minutes. After about 4-5 minutes in total turn the heat off and remove cutlets from the skillet.
- Take a glassware or a baking pan and layer cutlets into rows. (The one used here was a round glassware 9 inches (23cm) in diameter.) In between each row, garnish top of the cutlets with garlic and parsley. After all the schnitzels have been layered, evenly pour red wine over them. Follow up with the broth. Cover the baking pan and place in the oven.
- (If you're making a side dish, this is a good time to start it.)
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Serve hot over your side.