- 6 pieces of chicken (thighs, drumsticks, either or both)
- 1 pound flour
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 and 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 4–6 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6–8 tbsp sour cream
- Set oven to 480F. Oil a baking pan, and place inside the oven to warm up.
- Wash the chicken. Place in a bowl. Add seasoned salt and 2 tbsp of oil. Mix, then set aside.
- Combine flour, sour cream, egg, salt and water, and mix well until smooth (about 5 min). (You can use a hand mixer.)
- Carefully take the hot pan out of the oven, and pour the flour mix in. Shake pan lightly to even out the mixture. Distribute chicken parts on top evenly. Follow up with remaining oil from the bowl.
- Return the pan to oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes at this temperature. Check on it often making sure it’s not catching too much color on top. If it blushes too quickly, cover with foil.
- Turn the temperature down to 390F. Bake additional 20-25 minutes. The dough should be light yellow with brown overtones, just a little bit crunchy and tough, while softer in the middle. (The parts underneath the chicken will be softest.)
- Take out and put 1tsp of butter near each chicken piece. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out and pour milk evenly underneath the pie, starting at each corner. Turn the oven off and return the pie in for another 10 minutes.
- Pour sour cream over the pie.
You don’t have to oil the pan generously, a small amount of oil will suffice. However the pan has to be absolutely hot when you pour the mixture in, as not to stick.
The flour mix density should be something between a pancake and crepes.
Eat with sour cream.