- 12.5 ounces white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3.5 ounces yogurt (European style or Greek stirred until runny)
- 3.5 ounces carbonated water (mineral/ soda water)
- 14 ounces regular water (lukewarm)
- 1.5–2 pounds chicken pieces (breasts, legs, or thighs, with skin)
- 1 tablespoon vegeta (or 1 bouillon cube, crushed)
- 9 ounces heavy cream
- In a deep bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and an egg. Add yogurt, carbonated water and water. Mix until completely smooth. (Batter consistency should resemble the American style pancake thickness.)
- Season chicken with vegeta.
- Heat oven to 485°F.
- Oil a baking pan (a round 14-in diameter was used for the recipe), and heat it up in the oven. Once the oil is hot carefully pour batter into it evenly. Top with chicken pieces and return to the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Lower temperature to 395°F and bake additional 15-20 minutes.
- Top with heavy cream and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- (Optionally) Serve with sour cream.