- 1 yellow onion (medium, peeled and minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 carrots (medium, peeled and minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (medium, cored and minced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (medium, cored and minced)
- 4–6 chicken thighs or legs with skin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 Russet or yellow potatoes (medium, peeled, diced)
- 4–6 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 bunch parsley (about 3–4 tablespoons)
- 4–5 cups chicken broth
- (Optional) NOODLES:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- In a deeper pot, heat oil over high. Add onion, garlic, and carrots. Stir and simmer. Add peppers. Lower temperature to medium and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- (If making noodles, whisk egg and flour together until integrated and leave in the fridge to congeal.)
- Add chicken, seasonings and one cup of chicken broth to the pot. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, tomato sauce and parsley, and the remaining chicken broth. Raise the temperature and bring stew to a boil, then lower to medium and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes.
- (If making noodles, take the noodle mix out of the fridge. Make noodles by taking a little bit of the mix with a teaspoon and lightly flicking it into the stew. Dip the spoon into the stew after every fourth or fifth noodle to keep it hot and prevent from sticking.)