Four layer chocolate dessert pudding cup is destined to become your go-to for a super fast sugar fix.
- 3 bananas (peeled, cut into rounds)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ounces chocolate pudding mix
- 2.5–3 cups milk
- 7 ounces baking chocolate (or dark chocolate or chocolate chips, crumbled)
- 1.8 ounces milk
- 7 ounces heavy whipping cream
Cookie crumb layer
- 7 ounces cookie crumbs (ground)
- 1.5–2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pudding layer: In a small mixing bowl combine sugar, pudding and 5-6 tablespoons of milk. Mix well until pudding becomes liquid. In a medium pan bring the remaining milk to a boil on high, then immediately reduce temperature to low. Pour pudding mixture into milk while stirring. Cook pudding on low for several minutes until it’s smooth and thick. Stir continuously.** Set aside.
- Chocolate layer: In a small pan add milk and then chocolate. Melt on medium while stirring. Lower temperature and add heavy whipping cream. Continue stirring until everything is integrated and smooth. Set aside.
- Cookie crumb layer: In a mixing bowl mix cookie crumbs with milk and vanilla extract until the mixture has a smooth and wet (but not watery) consistency.
- Take out 6 larger cups and start layering in this order: 1. cookie crumb layer, 2. banana rounds, 3. pudding layer, 4. banana rounds, and 5. chocolate layer.
- Eat it warm, or cool in the fridge if eating later. Cups last about 24 hours in the fridge.
*Substitutes: berries, kiwi and pineapple; vanilla extract with rum.
**Pudding is supposed to be thinner than usual
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 625
- Sugar: 98.1g
- Sodium: 398mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 98.1g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 52.4g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: chocolate pudding dessert cups, dessert cup ideas