- 5 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar (white)
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Glaze (frosting):
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 10 tablespoons water
- 15 tablespoons granulated sugar (white)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Heat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with a hand mixer until they’re lemon colored. Add sugar and milk, and continue mixing until completely integrated. Add oil, flour, cocoa and baking powder. Mix another minute or two, until the mixture is smooth. Transfer into 10X15 inches baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Glaze (frosting): In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a hand mixer. Gradually add sugar. Mix everything until completely stiff.
- Syrup: place ingredients into a small pot and bring to a boil. While it’s hot, pour into the glaze and continue mixing with the mixer until everything is integrated and stiff.
- Take the combined glaze and syrup and layer over the cake evenly, and cut into squares.
Depending on how big you cut the squares you should end up with about 30ish. Serving size is 1-2 per person.