- 16 ounces white flour (plus a little more)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt (stir until smooth)
- In a deep bowl stir Greek yogurt until completely smooth. Combine with flour, egg, salt, and baking powder. Knead into dough. The dough should be thicker than pancake batter, but thinner than the dough for bread.
- Sprinkle your working area with flour generously. Transfer the dough onto it and roll out with a rolling pin until it’s the thickness of 4-5 pennies stacked together. Take a glass, dip the edges into flour and then make circles out of the dough. Collect the remaining dough, make into ball, knead, roll out and repeat.
- In a deep pan heat a generous amount of oil on high. Lower to medium and start adding the dough in. The breads will rise as they’re frying. Fry a couple of minutes on each side. Every now and then, lift the pan from heat and lightly shake from side to side.
- Place onto a paper towel so it collects the oil, then serve.