- 3–4 hardboiled eggs, quartered
- 4 ounces suho meso aka smoked beef (or prosciutto) cut into thin rounds
- 4 ounces mild beef sausage cut into thin rounds
- 3 ounces black olives
- 3 ounces green olives
- 2–3 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces clotted cheese kajmak (or cottage cheese)
- 4 ounces travnički sir (or feta cheese)
- Homemade bread, crackers, or fried mini breads
- 4 ounces ajvar or red pepper spread (or salsa)
- 4 ounces pindjur or red pepper and tomato spread (or salsa)
- Place all ingredients on a platter, a large plate, or a cutting board. Arrange anyway you’d like.
If you’re going for a traditional Balkan meza platter, try to find as many of these ingredients as you can. As you may not be able to find some of them, I gave suggestions as to what you can exchange them with. Keep in mind if you do a lot of exchanges, yours will be more of a Balkan-inspired and less of a Balkan traditional platter, but it’ll still taste delicious.