- 3–4 tablespoons butter
- 2–3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 pound tomatoes (skinned, diced)
- 3 sticks of celery (or 1 smaller celery root, grated)
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms (champignons, bolete or oyster mushrooms, diced)
- 1/2 bunch parsley (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Vegeta (or 1 bouillon cube)
- In a deep pot, simmer garlic on 2 tablespoons of butter over medium. Add tomatoes and celery. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 5-6 cups of water. Continue cooking on medium.
- In a pan heat up remaining butter over medium and add mushrooms. Simmer until mushrooms are soft (10 to 15 minutes). Add seasonings and stir.
- Combine mushrooms and parsley with the rest of the soup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer another 20 minutes.
Serve with toasted garlic bread, and a glass of red wine.
Keto: instead of seasonings, use sea salt.
Paleo: instead of seasonings, use sea salt.
Vegan: instead of butter use olive oil.