- 3.5 baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 9 tablespoons water
- 7 ounces sugar
- 5.5 ounces walnuts (ground)
- 9 ounces ground biscuits (Plazma, Petit Beurre or similar)
- 6 ounces butter
- 3.5 ounces baking chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- Glaze: fill a large pot 1/2 way with water and bring to boil on high. Place a smaller pot with baking chocolate and butter inside of it. Lower temperature to medium. Stir well until chocolate and butter melt and integrate. (Be careful.) Remove off heat and keep in a warm place.
- Pralines: dissolve sugar in water in a medium pot over medium temperature. Add butter. Stir frequently and remove off heat once butter dissolves.
- Add ground biscuits to the mixture and stir well until integrated. Add walnuts and again combine well until you get a thick, even mixture. Divide in two and place in separate mixing bowls.
- Melt baking chocolate then add to one of the mixing bowls. Stir well until integrated.
- Add rum/ vanilla extract to the second bowl. Stir well until integrated.
- Combining: transfer the walnut and chocolate mixture onto a 9×12 inches pan (or tray) lined with baking paper. Format a rectangle and spread the mixture evenly. Top with the walnut and rum/ vanilla mixture. Spread evenly. Top everything with the chocolate glaze and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge or a cool place for 15 minutes. Take out and cut into squares.
This recipe yields 40-ish squares. Serving size is about 2-3.