- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4–5 eggs
- 1 box phyllo dough (16–18 sheets, about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- (Optional) 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine cheeses, eggs, sour cream and salt in a large bowl and whisk until integrated.
- Oil a baking pan. Layer 2 phyllo sheets on top of each other in the pan, brushing (or spraying) each with oil before adding the next layer. (If phyllo is larger than the pan, you can fold, crumple or cut it until it fits.)
- Heat oven to 390F.
- Grab a generous amount of the filling (about 4-5 tablespoons) and spread evenly over the top sheet. Layer 1 sheet on top of the filling, and brush (spray) each sheet with oil before adding the next layer.
- Repeat until you run out of the filling and phyllo, making sure to leave 2 sheets for the top of the pie.
- Brush the top of the pie with oil, and place in the oven. After about 15 minutes of baking turn the pan 180 degrees and cover with foil. Bake another 15-20 minutes
- Take the pie out of the oven and spray with milk (optionally you can add butter to milk). Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Consume warm.