- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cornmeal (or polenta)
- 1–2 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt to taste
- sour cream
- milk, buttermilk or kefir (optional)
- Combine water and butter and bring to boil on high.
- Lower to medium, and carefully stir in cornmeal. Continue stirring vigorously for 5-6 minutes, or until the mass is evenly whisked in the pot. By this time the water will evaporate, and you’ll end up with a thick yellow mass.
- Remove and serve immediately. Top with sour cream, garlic, and buttermilk (optional).