Thick, hearty and easy to make potato soup. Don’t let the boring name fool you; along with a thick slice of bread, this one has the potential to be your lunch and dinner!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 4–5 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 large potatoes (about 14 ounces, diced)
- 3.5 ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon parsley
- In a medium pot heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add carrot, onion and garlic. Saute until caramelized.
- Add spices and flour. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer for 25 minutes on medium to high. Add heavy cream and simmer 5-10 more minutes.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve and eat warm.
Consume soup the same day, and do not re-heat repeatedly. Potatoes should not be left overnight.
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 1586mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
Keywords: potato soup, potato stew without coconut, thick soup recipe, vegetarian recipe, balkan lunch box, balkanlunchbox