Satarash: fast and furious four ingredient Balkan vegetable stir fry. Eggs are optional, but recommended. Satarash stir fry is a wholesome breakfast, and a great side too.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion (large, sliced)
- 4 bell peppers (medium, diced)
- 1 large tomato with juice (large, skinned, diced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs (well beaten)
- (Optional) 1/2 to 1 cup water
- (Optional) 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube or 1 tablespoon vegeta (instead of salt)
- In a large pan heat oil over high. Add onion and lower temperature to medium. Simmer until translucent, or about 3-4 minutes.
- Add peppers, stir and cover the pan. Simmer 6-8 minutes.
- Add tomato, water (if using) and seasonings.* Stir and cover the pan. Simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Add eggs and stir. Simmer until eggs are done, about 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.
Simmering time is approximated. It may take a little more or less.
If not using water, stir more frequently and cook on lower heat to avoid vegetables burning.
Nutritional information is based on 4 people. If making this as a side dish, it serves about 4. If it’s the main meal, it serves about 3 people.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of pan
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Sodium: 361mg
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
Keywords: satarash, balkan stirfry, vegetable stir fry