- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 chicken breast filets (or 3 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cabbage head
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 ounces yellow cheese (Gouda, Edam or mild Cheddar)
- Yoghurt or ranch dressing
- (Optional) 1/2 head lettuce
- Dice chicken. Heat up oil in a large skillet over medium. Add chicken and seasonings. Fry 10 minutes or so, until the chicken is finished. Meanwhile, place corn in a smaller pot, add water and bring to a boil. Drain and wash under cold water.
- Once the chicken and corn are ready, let them cool off for a few minutes before adding to the salad.
- Shred cabbage and place in a large salad bowl. (If you’re using lettuce, chop it finely and add now.) Dice tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. Mix well. Top with chicken and corn, and mix again.
- Grate cheese on top of the salad. Serve along your favorite dressing. (Ranch or yoghurt are recommended.)