- 1 cup round grain rice (use an Italian brand)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- (Optional) Cinnamon or raisins
- Wash rice thoroughly and take out any debris. Place in a pot, and add one cup of water. Cook on medium to lowest for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add one cup of milk, bring temperature down to low and continue cooking for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the second cup of milk, vanilla extract and stir. Cook another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the third cup of milk, and sugar and stir well. Cook for the final 4-5 minutes. You want the combination of rice and milk to be smooth and on a runny side.
- Once it’s finished pour into serving bowls and leave in the fridge until ready to consume. Add cinnamon or raisins on top.