- 3 tablespoons butter (50g)
- 1 onion (large, diced)
- 2 carrots (medium, diced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (medium, sliced into short thin strips)
- 16 ounces veal (diced small)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon spice mix (or Vegeta)
- 1 tablespoon (sweet) paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5-6 cups of beef broth (or 1 beef bouillon cube dissolved in 5-6 cups of water, divided)
- 2 potatoes (large, Yukon, white potato or similar, diced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
- In a medium sized pot heat oil over medium.
- Add onion and sauté 2 minutes, frequently stirring. Add carrot and continue sautéing another 2 minutes, frequently stirring. Add pepper and continue sautéing and stirring an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat. Stir well and keep sautéing 10 minutes. Add spices, flour and 1 cup of broth. Stir until well integrated.
- Add potatoes and remaining broth and stir yet again. Cover pot with its lid and cook 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve hot.
Nutrition information calculated at https://www.verywellfit.com/.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 438
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Sodium: 1840mg
- Fat: 19.4g
- Saturated Fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
Keywords: veal stew recipe