- 1.5 pounds beef cutlets (round or loin, preferably baby beef, cut into 8-10 cutlets)
- Sea-salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (large, minced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 carrots (medium, grated)
- 2 ounces celery root (grated, or 1-2 celery stalks minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (or red bull's horn pepper, minced)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning mix (Vegeta, or 1/2 crushed beef bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (mild)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
- (Optional) mashed potatoes, rice or pasta for 6
- Season each cutlet on both sides with sea-salt and ground pepper to taste.
- In a deep skillet, warm up oil on high and then lower temperature to medium high. Fry cutlets about 3-4 minutes on each side and remove off heat.
- In a pressure cooker heat up butter on medium. Add onion and garlic and simmer for a 2-3 of minutes, frequently stirring. Add carrots, celery root, pepper, seasonings and continue simmering and stirring for 8-10 minutes. Finally add beef broth and flour and stir again.
- Place cutlets into the pressure cooker and close it. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the meat is tender (follow your pressure cooker's instructions).
- While the cutlets are cooking prepare your side.
- Serve cutlets hot with a couple of scoops of sauce over the side.