Santa's sugar cookies...
Bite sized melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookies. Perfect with a glass of milk.
Santa's Sugar Cookies And The Review of 2016
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional m&m's, gummy bears, etc.
- Leave butter to soften on room temperature. Transfer to a larger bowl and mix with a hand mixer for one minute.
- Add flour, sugar and egg yolks, and vanilla extract. This time mix with hands until the mass becomes a thick dough. Divide the dough into three parts. Work each a little longer. Cover each in saran wrap. Leave in the fridge overnight. (The dough will keep up to two weeks.)
- When ready to make cookies, take the dough out of the fridge and give it some time to adjust to room temp. Heat oven to 375F.
- Sprinkle the working area with flour. Unwrap the dough, and use a rolling pin to roll each out the thickness of three pennies stacked together. Use cookie cutters of your choice to cut up the dough into different shapes, or a knife if you don't have cookie cutters. Place cookies on a baking pan covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. They only need a short time to be done, so watch that they don't over bake.
- (Optional) Top with m&m's, gummy bears, etc.
This amount of dough yields 3-4 dozen or more.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!