- 16 ounces white flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt (mix ahead until smooth and runny)
- 3.5 ounces milk
- Heat oven to 495°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir or shake.
- Add egg, milk and yogurt. Work the ingredients first with a wooden spatula as long as you can. Take over with your hand and work continuously until you get one smooth ball (about 7-8 minutes).
- Transfer the ball into a (9-inch in diameter) oiled round (or square) pan, and flatten evenly with your fist as you lightly punch the dough in on all sides. Take a fork and stab the bread with it several times.
- Transfer to the oven and lower the temperature to 400°F. Bake 35 to 40 minutes turning halfway. If it starts to blush too much, cover with foil.
- Take the bread out, wrap in a clean kitchen towel and leave to cool for 35-40 minutes.