Easy white wine gnocchi with shrimp come to us from Dalmatian coast in Croatia. Enriched with a thick heavy cream plus breadcrumb sauce, this shrimp gnocchi dish brings along the taste of Adriatic no matter where you are.
- 1.7–2 ounces olive oil
- 1 onion (small, minced)
- 20–22 ounces shrimp (frozen or fresh)
- 2–3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 10–12 ounces potato gnocchi (frozen)
- 13–14 ounces water
- 1–2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 10 ounces dry white wine (e.g. Pinot Grigio)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16–17 ounces heavy cream
- 1–2 ounces fresh parsley (minced) + a little more for garnishing
- In a deep, large pan (or wok) heat olive oil on medium for 2-3 minutes. Add onion. Sauté and stir until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- While stirring continuously, add shrimp and sauté 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and continue sautéing and stirring another 3-4 minutes.
- Add gnocchi and water. Stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir in breadcrumbs, then add wine and seasonings. Simmer and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and parsley. Simmer for another minute and take off heat. Garnish with remaining parsley.
- Calories: 990
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 723mg
- Fat: 61.9g
- Saturated Fat: 30.6g
- Carbohydrates: 50.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 46.9g
- Cholesterol: 493mg
Keywords: white wine gnocchi with shirmp