- 2 tablespoons butter
- 11 ounces chicken breast (diced finely)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 7 ounces mushrooms (canned or fresh, diced)
- 3.5 ounces green beans (canned, frozen or fresh, diced into 1–2 inch pieces)
- 3.5 ounces corn kernels (canned, frozen or fresh)
- 3.5 ounces peas (canned, frozen or fresh)
- 11 ounces chicken broth
- 11 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces yellow cheese (edam or gauda, diced)
- 1 box of pasta of choice for 4 people
- In a deep pan, heat butter on low for 1 minute. Add chicken and raise temperature to medium high. Season to taste and simmer with frequent stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and simmer with frequent stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add green beans, corn and peas and continue stirring and simmering for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- (Make pasta based on box directions.)
- Add heavy cream and cheese to the sauce. Stir and simmer until cheese melts or about 2 minutes. Remove off heat and serve over pasta.
Total cooking time will depend on your vegetables. Fresh veggies will take the longest, canned the fastest.