Potato stuffed peppers: now let's see how easily you can take two common ingredients and transform them into a delicious, one-pan, vegetarian meal that will make even the most stubborn of meat eaters pant for more.
Potato stuffed peppers is a second recipe of this type on the blog (remember the other stuffed peppers?). I've decided to include it anyway because this one is a little bit different, and dare I say, even tastier than before.
Instead of grating potatoes, this time around we cube them, stuff the peppers with it, and bake. Fifteen minutes before the end of baking, we take the peppers out and add heavy cream. The result are the most succulent potato stuffed peppers you've ever tried in your life. And if you haven't tried any, this is your opportunity to do so. (Another great potato dish is the well known casserole moussaka.)
As I've mentioned in the previous recipe, potato stuffed peppers are the type of meal that will make you ask yourself why you didn't think of it. Well now you don't have to. It's here for your consumption. (Meat and rice version of this meal can be found here. And if you're really into stuffing other veggies, there are dolmas on here as well.)
Other Lunch Ideas
- Lasagna with Bolognese and Bechamel Sauces - it takes a while to make, but boy is it fantastic!
- Or you are more of a stuffed veggie kind of person: Baked Stuffed Eggplant.
- Breaded Baked Zucchini - when you want to eat veggies, but don't like them!
- The best moussaka on the internet: Ground Beef Potato Moussaka.
- Love ground beef and potatoes? May we interest you in Ground Beef and Potato Pie.
- Finally, there is our very best Spinach Pie
Today's recipe is by Samir H.
If you make today's Potato Stuffed Peppers and like them, please consider leaving a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (5-star) rating. This will help others find the recipe more easily!
You can also leave a comment, I read EVERY one! Finally, if IG is more your thing, consider tagging us @balkanlunchbox.
Potato Stuffed Peppers V2
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled, minced
- 2 pounds bell peppers smaller, cored, deseeded
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or a bouillon cube, crushed
- 1-2 cups heavy cream
- In a mixing bowl combine potatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of oil, seasonings, and 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream. Mix well until integrated. Heat oven to 430°F.
- Oil a baking pan generously. Stuff peppers with the potato and spice mix. Layer them into the pan. Paint with a light film of oil. Pour the remaining stuffing (if any) in between layered peppers. Add one cup of water and place in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, lower heat to 390°F. Flip the peppers over if they're overly blushing (they should be lightly tanned, but avoid black spots).
- About 30 minutes after placing the pan in the oven, take it out. Add the remaining heavy cream. Mix and flip peppers around if necessary. Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes. (Taste the potatoes to check whether they're done.)
Sarah Amena says
Aida this recipe is just perfect! I wish I Could kiss you out of gratitude! I made this two days ago and now I’m making it again- the girls loved the potatoes inside the peppers! I learned the hard way that they have to be those certain Bosnian peppers- I think they are called the gypsy peppers! This is so good! My sister in law comes back from Bosna this week and I should make these for her! Thank you so so so so much!
Sarah, you are incredibly sweet. And if the girls approved we know we have a winner. Have a great time with your sil.