Potato stuffed peppers: crunchy, light green peppers, stuffed with a filling of grated potatoes, onions and spices, and then baked. The result is close to a hash brown in a pepper, prompting you to ask yourself why you didn't think of this earlier.
Potato Stuffed Peppers Recipe (Paprike Punjene Krompirom)
- 12 bell peppers smaller
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 2 yellow onions small to medium
- ½ cup oil
- 1-2 tablespoons seasoned salt or Vegeta
- Pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Heat oven to 470F.
- With your thumb, push in pepper tops leaving the pepper in tact, then take them out. Remove seeds and membranes until you're left with small cups. Wash thoroughly.
- In a large bowl peel and grate potatoes and onion. Add spices. Mix well until integrated.
- Stuff peppers and transfer into a pan. Once all peppers are stuffed, pour oil over them and place in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and when peppers start to blush, flip each one around and bake for another 25-30 minutes. If the peppers start to blush too much, cover them with foil and bake a few more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.
If you're going for a little more crunch, add a pinch of oil to the stuffing.