- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion (medium, minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 14 ounces ground beef
- 1 tomato (skinned and diced)
- 2 leeks (sliced into rounds)
- 1/2 cup rice (round grain)
- 1 bouillon cube (or 2 tablespoons Vegeta)
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red paprika
- 3 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- In a larger pot heat butter over medium. Add onion and garlic and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add meat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and leeks and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Add rice, seasonings, and 1 cup of water and continue simmering. Simmer about 40 minutes, adding a total of 3.5 to 4 cups of water throughout cooking.
- Garnish with parsley.