Dark chocolate truffles enriched with ground hazelnut. Easy, no bake, 30-min dessert.
- 1 teaspoon of oil (for hands)
- 5.5 ounces hazelnuts (shelled, roasted, skinned and ground)
- 5.5 ounces dark or baking chocolate (grated)
- 5.5 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 egg white (or 1.4 ounces aquafaba)
- 1 teaspoon sour cherry liquor (or rum, non-alcoholic option: orange or lemon juice*)
- 3–4 ounces chopped hazelnuts (shelled, roasted, skinned and chopped)
- Oil your hands to prevent sticking.
- In a medium size bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well with hands until the mixture has the texture of clay.
- Form little balls (the size of half a golf ball).
- Dip balls in chopped hazelnuts to cover on all sides. Leave in a cool place to toughen.
- Transfer to a cookie box. Keep in a dry, cool place for up to 10 days.
Walnuts or almonds can be used instead of hazelnuts.
Store in a cool, dark place for up to 10 days.
If using orange or lemon juice, the best is to make a reduction by boiling them on low until they have syrup consistency.
- Serving Size: 2 truffles
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: hazelnut chocolate balls (truffles), little bombs